Customer Service Representative Job Application
NOTE: If you have submitted a resume in the past and would like us to look at it again, please send your name and email to email@example.com
If you are here, you are interested in the customer service job.
If you are ready to fill out a job application after reading our classified ad in the newspaper, you can go right to the online application and pre-interview test by clicking on the APPLY button below. Be sure to set aside about 45 minutes to complete everything. Make sure you are using a computer, and NOT a cell phone or tablet. The test can only be taken on a regular computer with an internet connection (becaus it will test you on some keyboard shortcuts that won't work if you are using a phone or tablet. If you don't have one at home, you can use a computer at the library for free. Once you complete the application and the test, and as long as you have met our minimum requirements, we will call you within 48 hours to do a phone interview and set up an in-person interview. Click the APPLY button below when ready:
If you still have some questions or concerns about the job and what it entails, we've included some of the items below so you can learn more about what the job is AND what it isn't (we've heard all kinds of rumors)...
- We deal in all inbound CUSTOMER SERVICE calls. You won't need to sell anyone anything. This job deals with calls from customers who have already purchased a product online and either are requesting a refund, a cancellation of an order, shipping issues, or have a technical issue. You won't be "chatting" with them, giving them advice, trying to sell them additional products, etc. We are aware that there used to be a call center in Norwalk years ago that told their employees that they would only be doing customer service, and then tried to force them to do sales. We don't do that here. When we say you will be doing customer service, that's exactly what you'll be doing.
- We currently do customer service for 3 different companies. Two of them are nutritional supplement companies and one is a publishing company. Again, we process refunds, cancel standing orders, and deal with technical issues. So what do these companies sell? The supplement companies sell everything from digestive enzymes to natural testosterone boosters. The publishing company sells dating and relationship advice for men and women. In case you were wondering, we do not give personal advice or dating advice and the company does not sell a dating service or anything like that.
- You'll start with doing customer service for just one company and with each new company you can do customer service for, you'll get a raise.
- The name of our company is Perfect Pitch Call Center, LLC. We've been in business since March 2011. We are off of Milan Ave in Norwalk and are centrally located by Walmart.
- We are open from 8:30 AM to 8:00 PM, Monday through Friday and Sundays from 8:00 to 12:00. All employees can be scheduled during any shift available during the hours we are open. So if you can't work past 5:00 PM then this job isn't for you. If you must work only days or only afternoons, then this job isn't for you. If you're OK with being scheduled within the times we are open and you're dependable and take your work and showing up on time seriously, then you will be a great match for this job.
- We aren't a huge corporation, so we don't have tons of benefits and we don't have a huge corporate ladder to climb. But don't kid yourself, lots of company's talk about "potential advancement opportunities" that never materialize. There are several benefits to working for us even though we're not a "big corporation." A few include: we don't have massive amounts of red tape, politics, you won't have to a**-kiss a long row of supervisors you can't stand, and you won't work weird hours every other day of the week (or 70 hours one week and 10 the next). In our opinion, there is nothing worse than being stuck like a cog in the corporate machine. If you feel the same way, you'll like it here. We are a small, privately owned company, and you'll be working with only 8 or 9 other employees who aren't on some crazed power trip. We have plenty of work consistently, so you won't be working a few hours one week and tons another. You can get full time hours consistently here. Your pay will quickly increase the more things you get proficient at. We pay based on competency not based on how long you are here.
- We have a casual dress code. Dress neat, but casual.
- We understand that Norwalk and the surrounding area has a long history of manufacturing jobs, but this job isn't one of them. This job requires mental powers more than physical powers. If you are more comfortable standing on a line doing repetitive work than sitting at a desk solving problems with your mind, then you will most likely not like this job. However, if you like mental challenges and the idea of sitting in an air conditioned/heated office, talking on a phone, and sending well thought out emails appeals to you, then you'll feel right at home here.
- We train you, and the training and experience you get here will far exceed any sort of paid schooling/certification program that teaches "business skills." You will be paid to gain skills that will be very valuable should you decide to move to some other employment in the future. While we hope you are with us for many, many years, our reps have a track record of moving on to some very good careers after being with us for a couple of years due to the skills they accumulate while they are with us.
- We need dependable people that can show up on time and are eager to learn.
- You can quickly move up in pay at this job. While there isn't a huge ladder to climb, each time you learn specific job tasks and show proficiency in them, we will give you a raise. That means you don't have to wait to be here for a long time to make more money. The faster you learn and pick up on things, the quicker you make more per hour. We'll tell you exactly what you need to do to get each raise.
You're still here? Great! If you're ready to fill out the job application and take the pre-interview test, you can go right to the online application and pre-interview test by clicking on the APPLY button below. Be sure to set aside about 45 minutes to complete everything. Make sure you are using a computer, and NOT a cell phone. The test can only be taken on a regular computer with an internet connection. If you don't have one at home, you can use a computer at the library for free. Once you complete the application and the test, and as long as you have met our minimum requirements, we will call you within 48 hours to do a phone interview and set up an in-person interview. Click the Apply button below when ready:
Created on July 08, 2015